Baseball season would have been here. But, thanks to COVID-19 (the coronavirus), we’re stuck at home, watching replays of our favorite St. Louis Cardinals games in the past.
Luckily, BBQ season is also here. It’s a great time to get out in your backyard and fire up your grill with some of your favorite ballpark foods, like burgers, brats and hotdogs.
Why stop there? Take your ballpark bbq’ing to the next level with other notable recipes from stadiums across the nation, like The Steak Sammie.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ½ onion, ½ red pepper, and 1 cup mushrooms, cook until tender.
- Add another ½ tablespoon of butter to skillet along with 3 chopped pickled peppers and 1 pound sliced sirloin (or flank steak); cook until browned (should only take a few minutes).
- Reduce heat and place 2 slices of cheddar cheese over meat to melt.
- Spoon mixture into 1/3 of a sliced French baguette and top with extra juices.
BBQ’ing is a lot of fun and the food is great. However, it’s a messy task for anyone, so don’t forget to don your 4-pocket St. Louis Cardinals Apron for cooking and bbq’ing on any occassion!